Buprenorphine and Naltrexone Induction
Presenters: J. Deanna Wilson, MD, MPH, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Board Certified in Addiction Medicine, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics
Fee: No Cost
Target Audience: Physicians
Module Description: Induction is an important component of delivering medications to treat opioid use disorder. This module will review different models for induction of buprenorphine and naltrexone in the outpatient office setting.
At the conclusion of this activity participants should be able to:
- Identify different models for induction of buprenorphine and naltrexone in the outpatient office setting
- List key strategies for managing precipitated withdrawal
- Explain the goals for office-based induction
- Describe medications to support successful induction of naltrexone for opioid-dependent patients
ACCME Accreditation Statement: The American Society of Addiction Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: The American Society of Addiction Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of one (1) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Release Date: 3/25/2020 Accreditation Expiration Date: 12/31/2021
Faculty and Planning
Committee Disclosure Information
Yngvild Olsen, MD, MPH, DFASAM – No financial disclosures
Deanna Wilson, MD – No financial disclosures
ASAM CME Committee Reviewer
Edwin A. Salsitz, MD, DFASAM - No disclosures
Method of participation in the activity: To be awarded a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ you must:
1. Review 1 training module (1 hour) provided in this activity.
2. Earn a minimum cumulative score of 70% on the examination.
3. Complete a final evaluation and follow instructions at the end of the course regarding how to retrieve your Certificate of Completion as well as a CME Credit Certificate*.
*Credit will not be awarded unless all components of the program are completed. Partial credit will not be awarded.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|