MAT in the OTP Setting: Integrating the Three Approved Medications (Methadone, Buprenorphine, ER Naltrexone) - Revised
- Registration Closed
Presenters: Kelly J. Clark, MD, MBA
Fee: No Cost
This module will give the clinician an understanding of the opportunities and challenges of integrating into the Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) environment treatment with all three FDA approved medications – methadone, buprenorphine (SL and buccal), and ER Naltrexone. The special characteristics of OTPs, and its place in the continuum of care, provide a unique environment for these pharmacotherapies. This module will discuss these, as well as clinical and operational issues involved in developing an integrated approach.
At the conclusion of this activity participants should be able to:
- Discuss the unique characteristics of Opioid Treatment Programs (OTPs).
- Identify OTPs as part of the continuum of care.
- Assess the infrastructure available to support medication management in OTPs.
- Review challenges and opportunities in integrating all three medications (methadone, buprenorphine and extended release naloxone) into the OTP setting.
- Recognize the clinical and operational issues related to medication choice in the OTP setting.
Accreditation Statement: The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement: The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) designates this enduring material for a maximum of one (1) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Release Date: January 14, 2018
Accreditation Expiration Date: July 31, 2019
Method of participation in the activity: To be awarded a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ you must:
1. Review 1 training module (1 hour) provided in this activity.
2. Earn a minimum cumulative score of 70% on the examination.
3. Complete a final evaluation and follow instructions at the end of the course regarding how to retrieve your Certificate of Completion as well as a CME Credit Certificate*.
*Credit will not be awarded unless all components of the program are completed. Partial credit will not be awarded.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|