Follow-up Q and A Webinar: Kratom, A Substance of Increasing Concern
Presenter: Thomas M. Penders, MS, MD and Cornel N. Stanciu, MD, MRO
Target Audience: This activity was developed to meet the needs of primary care physicians and specialty care physicians
Webinar Description: This Q and A webinar will further discuss Drs. Penders and Stanciu’s webinar from 11/28/18, “Kratom, A Substance of Increasing Concern.” It will allow participants of the webinar to pose questions to both presenters and they will address questions that were not covered during the original training session.
Note: Completion of the archived webinar Kratom, A Substance of Increasing Concern is recommended prior to the follow-up session.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners should be able to:
- Recognize the salient aspects of Kratom's background, psychoactive effects and its pharmacological action.
- Review the state of knowledge about the impact of Kratom on mental health and its potentially dangerous adverse effects
- Identify and manage Kratom withdrawal as well as provide maintenance treatment
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that lists the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click "Evaluation" and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- You will then return to web page and paste the verification code into its designated component. This will unlock and allow you to claim your Certificate of Completion.
- You will then have access to your Certificate of Completion.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Support for the Program:
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by grant no. 5U79TI026556-03 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.